Section 6: Spectator Guidelines
Code of Conduct
Before, during, or after the conduct of an SCPGA Junior event, no parent, guardian, or spectator shall:
1) Verbally or physically abuse, threaten or disrespect a fellow spectator, parent/guardian, youth participant, volunteer, employee, guest, caddie or other persons conducting, participating in, hosting or attending an SCPGA Junior event;
(2) use obscene language;
(3) cause physical damage to, or loss of, property or equipment of any of the parties set forth above or of the host facility; or;
(4) use or be under the influence of alcohol, or an unauthorized controlled substance during a SCPGA Junior event.
Any violation of one or more items in the code of conduct is grounds for immediate removal of the parent, guardian, or spectator and / or the player from the activity and host facility, and may result in the loss of the privilege to participate in SCPGA Junior events for the parent, guardian, or spectator and / or player indefinitely.
- Rent golf carts if the host facility has and permits them. Carts MUST stay on cart paths at all times. When on foot spectators MUST stay off tees, fairways, greens and out of hazards. Spectators MUST keep a minimum distance of 30 yards away from the players.
- Help search for lost golf balls ONLY if asked to do so by a tournament participant or tournament official.
- Use a cell phone provided it is on vibrate/silent and used in areas far away from where players are hitting.
- Carry medicine, drinks, food, umbrellas and clothing for players.
Spectators MAY NOT:
- Give advice, give a ruling, assist in official scorekeeping, enter a scoring area, allow a player in a golf cart, or wear inappropriate attire.NOTE: Talking to the players may be construed as giving advice, resulting in a penalty for the player. Advice (Rule 8) is any counsel or suggestion which could influence a player in determining his/her play, the choice of a club or the method of making a stroke. Any conversation between a player/spectator may be construed as advice. This includes any conversation between a player/spectator in their native language. Penalty for breach of this rule (Rule 8) is two strokes or loss of hole. Players are responsible for the actions of their relatives and spectators in regards to this rule.
- Break rules and regulations set by a host facility.
- Relay any yardage information displayed by a GPS system in a golf cart.
- Allow players to ride on the back of the golf cart. All players must be seated when transportation is permitted.
Please seek a SCPGA staff member or host facility staff member for a ruling. If a SCPGA staff member or volunteer is not present, spectators may remind players they can proceed under Rule 3-3 which allows them to play a second ball when in doubt as to procedure.
Players are NOT ALLOWED in a golf cart at any time during a stipulated round unless authorized by a SCPGA staff member or host facility staff member.
Spectators attend SCPGA Junior events at their own risk. Exercise caution at all times. When inclement weather moves into the area, the SCPGA and/or host facility will suspend play by sounding airhorns (ONE BLAST for a dangerous situation). Seek shelter immediately. Spectators may transport players to safety at this point in a golf cart.